Written By: Destination Chrysler Staff, North Vancouver, B.C.
Many would agree that the Jeep Wrangler is one of the world’s most recognizable vehicles. With its distinct “personality” the Wrangler knows what it is, and what it isn’t. If lifestyle and versatility define you, here are 5 reasons why you gotta love the 2013 Jeep Wrangler.
1. Uncompromised ruggedness – Since its debut as an iconic vehicle of World War II, the Jeep has remained true to its classic design and rugged charm. With removable doors, a convertible top, a fold-down windshield, overhead sound bar, and removable carpet with drain plugs, the Jeep Wrangler provides unmatched versatility and a true way to experience the great outdoors.
2. Polished on the inside – Though its exterior design has remained relatively consistent over time, Jeep has modernized the Wrangler’s interior through technology, safety, and engine enhancements, and the addition of comfort features to optimize the driver’s experience. All 2012 and 2013 models are equipped with the new Pentastar V-6 engine, with 285 HP and 260 lb-ft torque, providing greater power and fuel economy. The Jeep Wrangler is currently offered in 3 trims:
- The Sport. This is the basic model, with optional features available such as power windows, leather seats and air conditioning.
- The Sahara. This trim is generally best suited for city-driving and everyday commuting, sometimes considered the most luxurious of the trims due to its interior comfort features, and exterior look. Compared to the Sport, the Sahara includes upgrades such as all-new 18-inch polished aluminum wheels which tones down the traditional off-road rugged look, and internal amenities such as air conditioning, power locks, and a sidestep for convenient enter and exit of the vehicle. Another change to the new Jeep Wrangler models is the body-colored matching rooftop, which had traditionally been black.
- The Rubicon. Among the three trims, the Rubicon is the most suited for off-road driving, and is considered by some individuals as the most luxurious of the trims, due to its under-the-hood features and equipment. At a higher price range, the Rubicon has a locking front axle and new 17-inch wheels, perfect for off-road driving.
Destination Chrysler’s Sales Advisor Tommy provides a closer look at the 2013 all-new Sahara and discusses the changes this year’s model is equipped with in the following video:
3. The ultimate Four-Wheel Drive – A true 4X4 off-road vehicle, the Jeep Wrangler’s sure-footedness offers enhanced safety during off-road driving and prevents stalls when driving uphill. Its short-wheel base body style allows it to drive more smoothly over bumps and rocks.
4. Cargo Space and passenger leg room – The Wrangler comes in two body styles: short wheel-base two-door and long wheel-base 4-door unlimited. If you are looking for cargo space or extra passenger space for your backseat guests, the Rubicon Unlimited is almost twice the length, and would certainly be the right choice. Furthermore, the backseats fold flat to provide greater trunk space when needed.
5. High Resale Value – For the third consecutive year, Kelly Blue Book named the Jeep Wrangler the Best Resale Value in its class for 2012. Essentially, the Jeep Wrangler retains its value after 5 years better than most other vehicles in its class.
Visit us at www.destinationchrysler.ca to learn more!
2013 Jeep Wrangler Quick Facts:
|Price Range||$20,000 to $40,000|
|Trims:||Sport, Sahara, and Rubicon|
|Body Styles:||Short wheel-base 2 door;Long wheel-base 4-door unlimited|
|Engine:||3.6L Pentistar Engine, with 285 HP and 260 lb-ft torque|
|Towing capacity||Up to 1,633 kg (3,600 lbs)|