A lot can be said about Mazda’s all-new, award-winning 2014 Mazda 6, but to summarize: this is one creature of beauty gunning for King of the mid-size market. With exceptional handling, a new look and features to boot, not only will this built-for-driving-satisfaction vehicle turn heads, but also bridge the gap between the non-luxury mid-size sedans and the likes of similar Audi and BMW models.
Among its eye-catching design and multitude of features, here are 5 reasons to get behind the driver’s seat of the 2014 Mazda6:
1. KODO-inspired design – Speed. Tense. Alluring… Mazda’s own words to describe its new KODO design language. Unlike last generation models, Mazda refocuses on the concept of Soul in Motion—the result, a sedan with an animal likeness represented by its aggressive five-point grill, LEDs and halo ring in the headlamp units in the GT model, and curvaceous profile with a matte silver trim connecting the tail lights.
2. Beauty is not only skin deep – with top-shelf materials forming a luxurious finish the Mazda6 can truly boast a best-in-class interior. Its exterior is mirrored on the interior; its curves extend rearward from the dashboard to the door panels. Combined with plastics soft to the touch, the interior evokes a clean, minimalist look and feel.
3. Steering/handling and performance – whether driving in automatic or manual (shifter or wheel-mounted paddles), the Mazda6 is among the best-handling passenger cars on the road today. The steering is highly responsive giving drivers a very consisted and planted feel when turning corners. Pedal performance is crisp, allowing for acceleration and braking/deceleration that feels well-balanced and commensurate to the touch.
4. Loaded with features – for the audiophiles, the Mazda6 GX (standard) trim comes stocked with Bluetooth and iPod, USB and auxiliary inputs, as well as a Bose audio system in the GT model. Additional features include the push-button start, LED tail lights, and rain-sensing wipers in the standard model. With the GS trim you get fog lights, a back-up camera, blind spot monitor and a moonroof. For an extra $1,800 you can opt for the premium package which includes GPS navigation, power leather seats. The most luxurious GT trim gets you 19” wheels, a power passenger seat, auto-dimming mirrors, and HID headlights.
5. Awards and recognition – The 2014 Mazda6 has picked up a number of accolades, including being a Top 3 finalist (next to the Aston Martin Vanquish!) for World Car Design of the Year, the 2013 Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), “Red Dot” Design Award, Kelley Blue Book’s Most Affordable 5-year Cost of Ownership, and Top 10 Best Interiors designation by WardsAuto.
Few sedans on the road can match the overall package offered by the Mazda6 – with its sleek premium look and feel, exceptional handling and features, there’s absolutely no question about it.
Call us at 604 294-4299 to book a test drive, or visit us at Destination Mazda on Boundary Road for more information.
2014 Mazda6 Quick Facts:
|Price Range||$27,000 base to $37,000 luxury|
|Engine||2.5 L DOHC SkyActiv 4-cylinder, 184 horse-power|
|Transmission||6-speed manual transmission6-speed automatic transmission (opt)|
|Fuel economy L/100km||8.1 city, 5.3 Hwy; 9.4 combined real-world|
|Available features & equipment (depending on trim)||Fog lights, moonroof, 17-inch alloy wheels, LED tail lights, keyless entry with push-button start, AM/FM/CD/AUX audio system with Bluetooth and 5.8-inch display, blind-spot monitor, back-up camera, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, heated seats, rain-sensing windshield wipers and more|