Honda’s 2013 CR-V is a top choice for those who are seeking both luxury and comfort.
Fuel efficient, versatile, and powerful, Honda’s CR-V ranks among the top vehicles in a highly competitive SUV segment. In addition to its exceptional ratings in both interior layout and safety, here are five things you gotta love about the 2013 Honda CR-V:
1. Comfort – as far as comfort goes, the 2013 Honda CR-V is a great choice for families. The seating is exceptionally comfortable, and the amount of space available in the cabin is impressive. The rear seats have armrests, and with a space of 37.2 cubic feet, passengers have sufficient room to stretch their legs during road trips and long journeys. The rear seats can also be folded down to provide an overall impressive cargo space of 70.9 cubic feet. There is also no shortage of storage compartments, a very practical advantage that the CR-V can boast.stands out among competitors. Interiors are designed with soft materials and unexpectedly
2. Classy exterior – the Honda CR-V showcases classy and appealing curves. Though the exterior does not elicit “sporty” as a characteristic look, the craftsmanship of the vehicle is superb. The cross-over concept adopted in manufacturing gives the vehicle a sloping-up roof and a short bonnet. The tailgate, though designed with practicality in mind, complements the vehicle’s design.
3. Performance and Fuel efficiency – Honda is well-known for producing vehicles that deliver reliability and performance and the 2013 CR-V is no exception. Its five-speed automatic engine with an i-VTEC in-line four-cylinder of 2.4 liters offers outstanding performance and power, while the taller gear ratios have definitely improved the fuel efficiency of the vehicle. The CR-V achieves an EPA rating of 31 mpg on highway (6.4 L/100 km) and 23 mpg in the city (9.0 L/100 km), making it one of the SUV segment’s most fuel-efficient vehicles on the road.
4. Safety – Like performance and fuel efficiency, Honda spares nothing when it comes to safety. The 2013 Honda CR-V exterior has been re-engineered with safety at heart, while side curtain airbags, electronic stability, front airbags and wide-angled side mirrors work towards enhancing the vehicle’s internal safety. It is no surprise that the 2013 Honda CR-V has successfully passed top crash-tests and gained a five-star safety rating from the National Highway and Safety Traffic Administration (NHSTA).
Check out the video below outlining the Honda CR-V’s safety features:
5. Loaded with features – the 2013 Honda CR-V comes packed with features. Standard in all models you will find Bluetooth streaming audio, an MP3 auxiliary output and USB interface, heated front seats, intelligent Multi-Information Display (iMID), steering wheel-mounted audio controls with illumination, automatic climate control, text message function (for certain devices), and tilt and telescoping steering. With the luxurious Touring package, you can expect leather-wrapped steering wheel and seating surfaces, and Honda’s Satellite-linked Navigation System with voice recognition.
When it comes to affordability, looks, fuel efficiency, space, safety, comfort (we can go on…) the 2013 Honda CR-V is a perfect combination.
2013 Honda CR-V Quick Facts:
|Price Range||$27,630 (LX 2WD) to $36,855 (Touring)|
|Engine||2.4-litre, 16 valve, DOHC, i-VTEC in-line 4-cylinder (185 hp)|
|Transmission||6-speed manual transmission6-speed automatic transmission (opt)|
|Fuel economy L/100km||Front wheel drive: 9.0 city, 6.4 Hwy, 7.8 Combined)Real Time AWD: 9.2 city, 6.6 Hwy, 8.1 Combined)|