Uber stylish, fuel-efficient, exceptional handling… What more could you ask for?
This year, Mazda has really stepped it up with the complete re-design of its all-new 2014 Mazda3. The engineering sophistication, combined with an upscale interior and KODO-inspired styling, give the Mazda3 a rare combination of performance and value. Outclassing its peers, the 2014 Mazda3 has landed the impressive #1 spot among a peer group of 40 Affordable Small Cars (USNews). In case you didn’t already, here are 5 things you gotta know about the re-designed 2014 Mazda3:
1. Brand new look – Guided by the spirit of the KODO design language, Mazda’s design team has really sharpened the head-on look of the new Mazda3. Its more aggressive “smile” gives personality to its power, and almost taunts other cars on the road with a provocative c’mon, let’s see what you got. The 2014 model is available as a 5-seater Sedan or Hatchback, and has 3 trims to choose from: GS, GX, and GT.
2. Upscale interior – With comfort and ergonomics at the forefront of its interior design, the 2014 Mazda3 offers a best-in-class, luxurious feel in its interior. The front seats are comfortable and sporty, while the switches, panels, and upholstery look and feel expensive.
The MazdaConnect infotainment system is internet-ready, and can be paired up to a personal device through Bluetooth. The “active driving display” is a great new feature – it’s basically a heads’ up display of information (vehicle speed, cruise control settings, navigation and directions, and alerts) projected on a clear pop-up panel build into the dashboard. Feeling like you’re in the future?
3. Improvements to fuel economy* – With its new SkyACTIV technology, Mazda has made leaps and bounds when it comes to fuel efficiency, in some cases even out-performing hybrid and electric counterparts. SkyACTIV technology was first introduced in early 2013 in the new CX-5 and Mazda6 models; its introduction in the Mazda3 (6-speed automatic) fetches a class-leading 6.8 (city) and 4.8 (hwy) L/100km. In fact, the Green Car Journal has nominated the 2014 Mazda3 as a finalist for the Green Car of the Year Award, joining an impressive peer group, comprised of the Audi A6 TDI, BMW 328d, Honda Accord, and Toyota Corolla.
4. Safety – Although crash-test ratings were not yet available for the 2014 Mazda3 at the time this article was written, the active-safety features of the new Mazda3 include:
- Smart City Brake Support: laser sensors that help anticipate a collision and trigger automatic braking
- Forward Obstruction Warning: warns the driver of hazards ahead
- Lane Departure Warning System: warns the driver when diverging from lane markings
- Blind Spot Monitoring: alerts the driver if a car is in the blind spot space
5. Exceptional resale value – Mazda is well-known for 2 things: quality and resale value—the all-new Mazda3 is no exception. Just a few days ago, the 2014 Mazda3 was recognized with the 2014 Residual Value Award for the Compact Car segment by ALG (an industry leader in residual value analysis). Cars are known to depreciate quickly; one that holds its value as well as the Mazda3 is a great benefit.
If you are still on the fence, give us a call 604 294-4299 to book a test drive, or visit us at Destination Mazda Vancouver on Boundary Road for more information. We’d love to show it to you in person!
2014 Mazda Mazda3 Quick Facts:
|Price Range||Starting price: $15,995 (GX) to $25,995 (GT) with 3 trims available: GX, GS, and GT|
|Engine||148-hp 4-cyl 2.0L / 167-hp 4-cyl 2.5L|
|Transmission||5 or 6 speed automatic or manual depending on trim|
|Fuel economy* L/100km||Range from 8.2/6.0 to 10.2/7.0 (city/hwy) depending on trim|
|Features and equipment||16″ steel wheels (18″ for GT), halogen headlights (bi-Xenon LED for GT), dual sport exhaust, advanced front, front-side and side curtain airbags, Dynamic Stability Control and Traction Control, remote keyless entry, push button start, Bluetooth/hands-freeGT model has all the above features plus: fog lights, power glass moonroof, heated front seats, leather wrapped 3-spoke steering wheel, shift knob and parking brake handle, voice activated navigation, 9-speaker premium Bose sound system.|