Excellent fuel economy, safety, top-of-the-line features, outstanding performance and roomy interior are just the beginning when it comes to the all-new 2014 Honda Accord. Offered in a wide range of Sedan and Coupe trims, the Accord is a heavyweight contender in the segment. Here are 5 great reasons to love the all new Accord:
1. Features, features, features! Honda has really stepped it up this year when it comes to features for its new Accord. The base LX model comes with 16-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth connectivity, an eight-inch i-MID display, rear-view camera and SMS text-messaging capability. The Sport model has a power driver’s seat, fog lamps, 18-inch alloy wheels and a rear spoiler. EX models get heated side mirrors, a LaneWatch system, 17-inch alloy wheels however the EX-L is the luxury model, with heated seats, leather upholstery, Lane Departure Warning, a memory driver’s seat and Forward Collision Warning, and on top of all that it has the HondaLink system featuring “Aha’s” internet radio streaming entertainment capability in an upgraded 360-watt audio system.
2. Comfort and space: The 2014 Honda Accord offers plenty of passenger space, a roomy trunk and a more luxurious feel than others mid-size vehicles. The Accord also has a low beltline which gives the car tremendous window space all around; it also has thinner front and rear pillars, providing you and your passengers with a larger field of view.
3. Safety: The 2014 Accord received higher ratings on the crash-tests, better than its mid-size sedan competitors. The Accord has been one of the few new ‘IIHS Top Safety Pick+’ vehicles; to obtain this recognition, it garnered top scores in frontal, side and rear impacts test. Furthermore, it also received the top scores in the overlap frontal impact test. When you purchase an Accord, an an extensive menu of active-safety features are included to help keep you safe on the road. The Accord offers a new SmartVent technology for its side airbags that eradicates the necessity for elaborate occupant-position detection systems. Along with these innovative safety features, the Accord is also equipped with Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, and Adaptive Cruise Control systems. The new LaneWatch Blind Spot Display offers a wide view of the passenger side of the car on the Multi-Information Display (i-MID) screen.
4. Excellent fuel economy: The 2014 Honda Accord is one of the best fuel-efficient mid-size sedans. With a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and direct injection, the four-cylinder models achieve 36 mpg highway and the V-6 models get a remarkable 34 highway. Also, the Accord has an Econ button and when you press it you get a set of fuel-saving measures. In addition, regular gasoline works just fine no matter which engine, and fuel economy ratings range up to 27 mpg city, 36 highways with the four-cylinder engine and CVT, and up to 21/34 with the V-6.
5. The feel: Handling in the 2014 Accord is confident and responsive. The Accord is also one of the quietest mid-size sedans inside. All Accord models contain both Active Noise Control and Active Sound Control, which help reduce and cancel-out road noise.
Distinctly, the Honda Accord has always been more engaging relative to other mid-size sedans, and this year’s model is not any different. Even the base model of the 2014 Honda Accord feels far more sophisticated than other brand base-model cars.
With outstanding performance, refined look, improved fuel economy, spacious interior and top score on safety standards, the 2014 Honda Accord is an excellence choice for our budget-minded mid-size shoppers. With a starting price of $23,990 what are you waiting for?
2014 Honda Accord Quick Facts:
|Price Range||Starting price: $23,990 (sedan) and $26,400 (Coupe)|
|Engine||LX; Sport; EX-L; Touring: 2.4-litre, 16-valve, Direct Injection DOHC, i-VTEC® 4-cylinder
EX-L V6; Touring V6: 3.5-litre, 24-valve, SOHC, i-VTEC® V6
|Transmission||6 speed automatic or manual depending on trim|
|Fuel economy* L/100km||Range from 7.8/5.5/6.7 to 9.6/5.7/7.9 (city/hwy/combined) depending on trim|
|Features and equipment||8″ i-MID (intelligent Multi-Information Display).
Audio anti-theft feature
HondaLink™ 5 11 12 with audio touch screen (depending on trim)
Illuminated steering wheel-mounted audio controls
MP3/auxiliary input jack
USB device connector
SiriusXM™13 (depending on trim)
Text message function10
Heated front seats
HandsFreeLink™-bilingual Bluetooth® wireless mobile phone interface5