Hyundai continues to surprise us and the 2014 Sonata is no exception. The 2014 Sonata is a luxurious looking, powerful and responsive midsize sedan, and carries a reputation for being well-built and offering exceptional value for money. The Sonata delivers excellent quality in all of its five trim levels: GLS, SE, SE 2.0T, Limited, and Limited 2.0T.
The 2014 Sonata stands out for its stylish interior, powerful engine, spaciousness, and fuel economy. It also ranks second on the Affordable Midsize Cars ranks (US News “Best Cars”). This vehicle offers many advantages and gadgets for a reasonable price. Read below for our 5 reasons why you gotta love the all-new 2014 Hyundai Sonata:
1. Stylish exterior: The new 2014 model offers a refreshed look and an upgrade of some of the key technology features. Exterior changes include a slightly more aggressive looking grille, new HID headlights, LED tail lights, a new rear fascia insert, and all new 17- and 18-inch wheel designs.
2. Interior smarts and style: The interior of the vehicle is sophisticated and very comfortable. The standard equipment in the Limited and SE models now comes with a 4.3 inch touch-screen, a LCD information screen, a rear-view camera and leather-wrapped steering wheel.
That’s not the only gadgets this vehicle offers, it also comes with auxiliary and USB input, Bluetooth, satellite radio and Hyundai’s Blue Link telematics system. This system offers roadside assistant, automatic crash notification, remote start and stolen vehicle slowdown and recovery. You can also get some of the optional features, such as blind spot detection, 8-inch touch-screen navigation, a panoramic sunroof, rear-view camera, HD radio or two premium audio systems. Driver Selectable Steering Mode (DSSM), Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) and a tire-specific tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) are also available.
3. Built with comfort and ergonomics in mind: Most test drive reviews highlight the comfortable seats and ergonomics of the new Sonata. This writer could not agree more! Furthermore, the three big rotary knobs for HVAC and the big and visibly marked buttons bordering the touchscreen showing easy-to-hit radio settings.
4. Power and fuel economy: The 2014 Sonata is not only an attractive, sexy car, but its very powerful and offers exceptional fuel economy. The base 2014 Sonata gets an EPA-estimated 24/35 mpg city/highway and Turbo models get 21/32 mpg, both are outstanding for the class. The Sonata’s base engine is plenty of potent; the turbocharged engine provides remarkable V6-like power. Moreover, the six-speed automatic’s shifts are fast and smooth.
5. A quiet luxurious ride: This year Hyundai has made a real effort to suppress noise, vibrations and external harshness. Through the addition of extra sound damping materials, new carpets and more foam in the A and B pillars, your daily ride is more enjoyable and peaceful.
2014 Hyundai Sonata Quick Facts:
|Price Range||$23,999 GL trim to $31,399 Limited with Navigation trim|
|Engine||2.4L, 4-Cylinder, GDI Engine with Dual Continuously Variable Valve Timing (D-CVVT)|
|Transmission||6-Speed Automatic Transmission with SHIFTRONIC Manual Shift Mode ®|
|Fuel economy L/100km||City (A/T) 8.5L/100km, Highway (A/T) 5.8L/100km, Combined (A/T) 7.3L/100km|
|Available features & equipment (depending on trim)||Rear-View Camera, Auto-Dimming Rear-View Mirror with Compass and HomeLink®, Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System, Blind Spot Detection System, LED Interior Lights, Navigation System with 8″ High Resolution Touch-Screen Display and Voice Activation, Heated Front Seats, Heated Rear Seats (Bottom Cushion).|