Road Trip Feature of Tofino and Ucluelet
Nothing says SUMMER more than a ROAD TRIP! We have so many stunning travel options right here in Beautiful British Columbia. If you follow us on Instagram you would have recently seen a “story takeover” that featured a fantastic road trip to Tofino and Ucluelet.
We don’t want to you to miss out on all of the fun. So we have put together these videos just for you!
5 Destinations on your way to Tofino
1. Coombs Old Country Market – “The Old Country Market started as a roadside fruit stand providing fresh produce to travellers heading to the west coast of Vancouver Island. Over the years it has evolved into a landmark of Coombs, with a mixture of shops and eateries for locals and visitors alike. Oh yeah, and there are goats… on the roof!”
2. MacMillan Provincial Park – “Cathedral Grove, located in MacMillan Provincial Park, is one of the most accessible stands of giant Douglas fir trees on Vancouver Island. Here visitors can stroll through a network of trails under the shadow of towering ancient Douglas-fir trees, majestic pillars untouched by the modern world – some more than 800 years old.”
3. J & L Drive-In – We couldn’t find a website for J & L Drive In… but maybe when you are this good you really don’t need one. If you search for them on Trip Advisor you will see 154 stellar reviews that will leave you craving a cheeseburger!
4. Love Lock Pull Off – If you have been to Tofino or Ucluelet before you will recall the winding road with many hairpin turns. A break might be necessary! Take a pit stop at Wally Creek to admire the Love Lock fence and maybe even a refreshing dip in the crystal clear water pools.
5. Tofino Visitor Centre – “The Tofino Visitor Centre lies in the heart of Clayoquot Sound, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Open year-round, the Visitor Centre offers many services, including an email accommodations search and custom retail offerings, and caters to visitors travelling to Tofino, Ucluelet and Pacific Rim National Park Reserve.”
Top 5 Walking Destinations in Pacific Rim National Park
So you made it! Here you are right in the heart of nature. Surrounded by the sounds of crashing waves, swaying trees and footprints being left in the sand. You don’t have to be an avid hiker to enjoy these beautiful trails. So fill up your water bottle and have your camera ready while you take advantage of these 5 Walking Destinations in the Pacific Rim National Park.
- Rainforest Trail Loop
- Ancient Cedars
- Chesterman Beach or Incinerator Rock
- Wickaninnish Beach
- Wild Pacific Trail
5 Top Ucluelet Destinations
1. The Foggy Bean Co – “(AKA The Church.) This coffee bar is a small community-focused space in a beautifully renovated historical building in the heart of Ucluelet.”
2. Vintage Bowling Alley & Arcade at Howlers Restaurant – This is where it’s all about Food, Fun Families & Memories! Challenge your travel buddies on the bowling alley… how nostalgic is that!
3. The Ucluelet Aquarium – “Canada’s very first collect and release Aquarium. Raising awareness about local biodiversity and promoting respect for the ocean environment.”
4. Wild Pacific Trail – “This easy, family-friendly trail traces the edge of reefs where shipwrecks, whales and vistas abound. You will be enthralled by Vancouver Island’s dramatic beauty and fascinating interpretive signs will enrich your visit to Ucluelet’s famous 9km trail network.”
5. Jiggers Food Truck – The best fish and chips in town! Need we say more?
So after all of that are you ready for a road trip to Tofino and Ucluelet? Be sure to share this information with your travel buddies or other West Coast Enthusiasts. Be sure to watch for more of Our Destination Adventures on our Instagram account and Facebook Page. See you there!